Ask us about a clinical trial for an FDA-approved daily disposable soft contact lens designed
to slow the progression of myopia in children ages 8-12 years. Compensation up to $1,000 for completing 12 visits over 4 years. Children in the study will receive eye exams and contact lenses at no cost while participating in the study.
The study will compare two types of US FDA approved daily disposable soft contact lenses to evaluate how they correct vision and slow the rate of change of near-sightedness.
A total of 900 kids between the age of 8-12 will be enrolled nationwide. Children in this study will have a 75% chance of receiving the lens designed to slow the progression of nearsightedness and a 25% chance of receiving the normal soft contact lens. All study participants will wear their assigned lenses for three years. During the fourth year, all participants will wear the normal type of soft contact lenses.
During the four-year study, approximately 12 visits total will be completed. Each will last between one and two hours. Here’s how they’re scheduled to occur:
Initial Visit: Eye exam and history records review
Fitting Visit: Fit and teach how to apply and remove the contact lenses
To ensure the results of the study are accurate, while your child is in the study, you should assure that he/she:
You/your child will be compensated for each study visit. The total compensation is up to $1,000 for completing all study visits. Children in the study will receive eye exams and contact lenses at no cost while participating in the study.